Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event that offers discounts on a wide range of goods for Amazon Prime members. This 48-hour event is held every Year, and it has become one of the biggest shopping days of the year, comparable to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day, from what it is and how it works to tips for getting the best deals and making the most of the event.
Table of Contents
- What is Amazon Prime Day?
- When is Amazon Prime Day?
- How does Amazon Prime Day work?
- Who can participate in Amazon Prime Day?
- How to sign up for Amazon Prime
- How to fix for Amazon Prime Day
- Tips for finding the best deals on Amazon Prime Day
- Best products to buy on Amazon Prime Day
- How to make the most of Amazon Prime Day
- Amazon Prime Day vs. Black Friday: Which is better?
- Amazon Prime Day controversies
- FAQs about Amazon Prime Day
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a shopping event exclusively for Amazon Prime members. During the event, Amazon offers steep reductions on a wide range of products, including electronics, home appliances, beauty products, and much more. The event usually lasts for 48 hours and is only available to Prime members.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is held annually in July. In 2021, Amazon Prime Day was held on June 21st and 22nd. However, the exact date of Prime Day may vary from year to year.
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
During Amazon Prime Day, members can take advantage of lightning deals, which are only accessible for a short period. These deals can offer discounts of up to 50% on products. Members can also get early access to select deals before the official start of Prime Day. Moreover, Amazon usually offers exclusive deals on its own products, such as Echo devices and Fire tablets.
Who can participate in Amazon Prime Day?
Only Amazon Prime members can participate in Amazon Prime Day. If you’re not a Prime member, you won’t be able to access any of the deals. However, you can sign up for a free trial of Prime to take improvement of the event.
How to sign up for Amazon Prime
To sign up for Amazon Prime, go to the Amazon website and click on the “Prime” tab. From there, you can select “Start your free trial” and follow the prompts to sign up. The trial period lasts for 30 days, after which you’ll be charged a yearly fee if you don’t cancel.
How to prepare for Amazon Prime Day
To prepare for Amazon Prime Day, make sure you have an Amazon Prime affiliation. You should also create a wishlist of products you want to buy and monitor their prices in the days leading up to Prime Day. Additionally, it’s a good idea to check out the early access deals to see if there’s anything you want to purchase before the official start of Prime Day.
Tips for finding the best deals on Amazon Prime Day
Here are some tips for finding the best deals on Amazon Prime Day:
- Check for early access deals: Amazon usually offers early access to some of its deals before the official start of Prime Day.
- Create a wishlist: Create a list of products you want to buy and monitor their prices in the days leading up to Prime Day.
- Use price tracking tools: There are several price tracking tools that can help you monitor prices and alert you when a product goes on sale.
- Look for lightning deals: Lightning deals are time-sensitive and offer deep discounts on products.
- Check out Amazon’s own products: Amazon usually offers exclusive deals on its own products, such as Echo devices and Fire tablets.
- Use Amazon coupons: Amazon offers coupons on select products, which can be applied at checkout for additional discounts.
- Consider bundled deals: Some products may be bundled together for a discounted price, so training purchasing them together if they’re products you need.
- Shop early: Some deals may sell out quickly, so shop early to avoid missing out.
- Use Amazon’s app: The Amazon app can provide notifications on deals and make it easier to track deals and purchase products.
- Compare prices: Before making a buying, check the price of the product on other websites to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Best products to buy on Amazon Prime Day
While there are discounts on a wide range of products during Amazon Prime Day, some products are mainly good deals. Here are some of the best products to buy on Amazon Prime Day:
- Electronics: Amazon offers steep discounts on electronics during Prime Day, including TVs, laptops, and headphones.
- Smart home devices: Amazon’s own smart home devices, such as Echo devices and Fire tablets, are often discounted during Prime Day.
- Kitchen appliances: Kitchen appliances, such as blenders and air fryers, are often heavily sale during Prime Day.
- Beauty products: Beauty products, including skincare and makeup, are often discounted during Prime Day.
- Outdoor gear: Outdoor gear, such as camping equipment and hiking boots, are often discounted during Prime Day.
How to make the most of Amazon Prime Day
To make the most of Amazon Prime Day, here are some tips:
- Create a budget: Set a budget for how much you want to spend during Prime Day to avoid overspending.
- Prioritize your wishlist: Focus on purchasing the products on your wishlist first before browsing for other deals.
- Shop strategically: Look for deals on products you actually need or have been considering purchasing, rather than buying products just because they’re on sale.
- Check return policies: Make sure you’re aware of the return policies for products you purchase during Prime Day, in case you need to return a product.
- Don’t forget about Amazon’s services: Amazon’s services, such as Prime Video and Prime Music, are often offered at discounted rates during Prime Day.
Amazon Prime Day vs. Black Friday: Which is better?
Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday are both major shopping events that offer discounts on products. While Prime Day is exclusive to Amazon Prime members and is held in July, Black Friday is a more common shopping event that is held in November. Both events offer discounts on a wide range of products, but Prime Day tends to have better deals on Amazon’s own products, while Black Friday has more deals on a wider variety of goods.
Amazon Prime Day controversies
Amazon Prime Day has faced criticism for its impact on small businesses and for the treatment of workers in Amazon’s warehouses. Some critics argue that Amazon’s aggressive discounts during Prime Day can make it difficult for small businesses to compete. Additionally, workers in Amazon’s warehouses have reported working long hours and being subjected to harsh working conditions throughout Prime Day.
FAQs about Amazon Prime Day
- What is the history of Amazon Prime Day? Amazon Prime Day was first held in 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary.
- How long does Amazon Prime Day last? Amazon Prime Day usually lasts for 48 hours.
- Are all products on Amazon discounted during Prime Day? No, not all products are discounted during Prime Day, but there are discounts on a wide range of products.
- Can non-Prime members contribute in Amazon Prime Day? Non-Prime members can still participate in Prime Day by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime.
- What is Amazon’s return policy for products purchased during Prime Day? Amazon’s return policy for products purchased during Prime Day is the same as its standard return policy. However, some products may have different return policies, so it’s important to check before making a purchase.
- Are Amazon’s discounts during Prime Day actually good deals? While Amazon’s discounts during Prime Day can be substantial, it’s still important to compare prices with other shops to ensure that you’re getting the best deal.
- How can I track Amazon Prime Day deals? You can track Amazon Prime Day deals by visiting the Prime Day page on Amazon’s website or by using the Amazon app.
- What if I miss a deal during Amazon Prime Day? If you miss a deal through Amazon Prime Day, you can join the waitlist for that deal in case it becomes available again.
- Can I cancel my Amazon Prime connection after Prime Day? Yes, you can cancel your Amazon Prime membership at any time, including after Prime Day. However, if you cancel during your free trial, you will not be charged for the membership